Friday, June 21, 2013

AUSTRALIA - CANBERRA - MURRUMBIDGEE RIVER - POINT HUT CROSSING TO PINE ISLAND - KAYAK - 19 June 2013


The day was clear, a very cold wind and there some rain the previous night.


We (mark and I) launched from Point Hut Crossing where we finished yesterday. It was an easy launch spot with a sandy beach.

The river was flowing more strongly than yesterday. There were a number of small rapids that were much easier to guide over though we still managed to get struck a number of times.
 
The last rapid had a small drop. I went over the drop and it seemed good but then the kayak swerved to the left and I was stuck between two rocks with the water gushing over my back. Mark was ahead and he scrambled back over the rocks and managed to give my kayak a nudged over the offending rocks setting me free. A hero! The rocks were very slippery as well.

We had a bit of difficulty finding the landing area that would lead us to the car.
A shorter but faster, more enjoyable and exciting kayak than yesterday! Best kayak ever since yesterday!

Distance      - 2.36 km
Time            - 31 mins
Av speed     – 4.5 km/h

Max speed – 9.9 km/h

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...