Monday, January 17, 2011

AUSTRALIA - Lake Conjola - December 2010 January 2011




We stayed at Lake Conjola for a week in the camping area.

 
The lake is very big and pretty. It branches off in a number of directions with islands interspersed at various sections. In parts, in was fairly shallow but navigatable by kayak. The fishing was very good. I had my first try at snorkelling from my kayak. I caught a few bream and chloe the same as well as a large leatherjacket.


The walk to the beach was either via the lake or the coastal heath. The latter had a boardwalk or bush tracks. The sand on the beach is very soft and white to red. The surf was only small when we were there but it was fun. The lake empties out at the northern end of the beach. That was fun to bodyboard down at high tide and running out.

Green island is on the northern end. the waves can be good but not this time. We had a walk around the island, Lots of rocks, pools and other coastal features.


 
One morning, I walked along the beach to Narrawallee Inlet. Nice walk and the views at Buckley's Point were good. The inlet was also very pretty.

Overall, a pretty place with a lot of natural activities to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...