Wednesday, March 1, 2023

GRASSY HEAD - 17 TO 19 FEBRUARY 2023

 

17 FEBRUARY

We drove south to check out the surf at Plumer beaches. There were some wave but very random. Next, we stopped at Crescent Head for coffee and continued driving north along the back road to South West Rocks. We pulled into the beaches which were glorious. No waves, mirror surface, various colours of blue, clear water … Jacinta went shopping and I had a swim around the rocks.,. so many fish and so many types.




We continued onwards to Grassy Head campground. We settled in and had a walk to the beach. Spectacular! Back at the van and old friend Paul and Ingrid passed by. They were staying a few sites down from us.

I had a mountain bike around the area and along the beach south of the camping ground. A short ride but pretty.





Later, we had drinks and nibbles with Paul and Ingrid.

A great day full of surprises.

18 FEBRUARY

I woke early and wandered down the beach to check the surf. It looked okay with no one out. I went back for my board but returned to five guys just about to paddle out. Anyway, I had a few okay sets and some mid-sized waves. The crowd increased to over thirty by the end of the session. Time for breakfast.

We booked another night here but had to move to another site. The new site was better. Once we settled in, I went down for another surf. Once again, a few okay waves but no crowd.



Later, I had another mountain bike ride along the beach at Grassy Head.





Jacinta came down to the beach. I joined her and after enough sun, we walked back to our camp.

19 FEBRUARY



A dawn ocean dip, breakfast and we continued onwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...