Sunday, February 13, 2022

TYERS LAKE, VICTORIA - 7 TO 9 FEBRUARY 2022

 

7 FEBRUARY

TYERS LAKE

After leaving Mallacoota, we stopped at Cann River for the best egg and bacon burger and mediocre coffee.

We checked briefly the surf at Red Bluff – it had potential. Next was the camp at Tyers Lake – Lake Beachfront Holiday Park.



A bit of a bush track to the beach – loved it and the beach looked great and buffed with sandstone cliffs.

We settled in and I had a mountain bike ride along the local cliff top tracks. A great ride through thick bush and dense scrub that formed a tunnel. There were occasional views of the coastal scenery below and onwards to the north. At the most northern end I rode along a rainforest track and the wide beach formed by the exit of the river to the sea. Very pretty and a great ride.







Back at camp, and we swam in the pool and sat in the sun. Nice.

The late afternoon was relaxation and having a few wines and beers and a combo of the two.

The camp area is very pretty. Lots of shady trees, filtering light, protected from the wind and birds high above.

8 FEBRUARY

TYERS LAKE

We drove down to the lake and wandered around the beach and lake foreshore. It was very pretty and serene.







We continued to Lakes Entrance. It was sort of pretty but a bit too commercialized. Not much soul.

On the way back, we stopped at Lake Bunga. I had a kayak in the lake. It was so pristine and tranquil – birds, dragonflies, swaying reeds and trees, old bridge and the remains of small forests of trees that were once above water.






While I was gone, Jacinta had a walk along the beach and lake. A large black snake swam past her where I had launched my kayak.

9 FEBRUARY

TYERS LAKE

We woke and had a slow pack as we had a small problem with the van GPS.

Finally, we got going and stopped at Red Bluff to check the surf. It was pumping at overhead height. One mistake was putting on a spring suit and rash shirt … just wasn’t warm enough. It was bearable but I was surfing cold. Anyway, I had a number of fun waves before the cold got to me and in I went.

Off we went to Phillip Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...