Wednesday, February 2, 2022

GERROA - 30 TO 31 JANUARY 2022


 

30 JANUARY 2022

The start of a southern road trip.

GERROA

We woke, loaded the last of the gear in the van and off we went. The drive was easy with only light traffic.

Our goal was Gerroa. We drove to the headland and checked out the view and decided to stay the night.

We camped by a small creek.


I launched the kayak in the afternoon and paddled up the creek which ended quickly due to blockage by a fallen tree. I back tracked and paddled to the Crooked River. I paddled up river it was shallow in spots and wide. It got a bot boring so I paddled down creek and towards the ocean. The water was very shallow in sections but it was fun trying to find the deeper water while avoiding the oyster-encrusted rocks. Eventually, the water became too shallow and I could go no further. There were a number of birds on the journey – ducks, oyster catchers and herons. A good kayak which would be better at a higher tide.



31 JANUARY 2022

GERROA 

An early morning bike ride around Gerroa waterfront. A brilliant sky, awesome reflections, high tide and so quiet.






Back at camp for coffee and a swim in the pool.

More breakfast and off on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...