Sunday, October 31, 2021

CENTRAL COAST - 25 TO 31 OCTOBER 2021

 

25 OCTOBER

A kayak at Avoca Lagoon.






I picked a couple of spots out of the wind and in the sun to watch the antics of the various birds. It was relaxing to soak in the sun and just gaze about. I also paddled through the reeds for a rougher paddle. The birds were in abundance with four juvenile swans and their parents foraging for food.

 

26 OCTOBER

A mountain bike ride at Bouddi NP.




I followed my favourite loop – Turkey, North-west ridge, Cliff, Strom and Ferny tacks. A fun ride with some flowy sections.

A swim and relax at Terrigal Haven Beach with Jacinta.




A bit chilly in the water but it was nice to cool down after the bike ride.

28 OCTOBER

A beach cycle along Ocean Beach to Ettalong.





Such a fun ride on the beach. People saying hello, racing the breakers on the shoreline, dogs running alongside, people doing fun things in the water. The tide was low enough to do the ride all the way to the last private jetty at Ettalong.

A swim and relax at Terrigal Haven with Jacinta.





New swim goggles were excellent with good visibility today.

31 OCTOBER

A mountain bike ride and hike to Spion Kop at Brisbane Water National Park.






It was downhill all the way along Bambara Road, the Koolewong fire trail and the final turnoff ending at the creek that runs into Waterfall Bay. The last section was very rugged and I had to stop heaps due to erosion and fallen trees. The ride along the creek was fun over smoothed sandstone. Just before the creek drops over a 5-metre fall, I parked my bike and hiked. The track climbed uphill between two boulders on the western side of the creek. The track was relatively easy to followed winding up steeply in between boulders and trees. After that, the track wound it’s way along. I stopped for a rest on a flat sandstone outcrop. I realised; I left my water with the bike. Being a hot morning and still an hour roundtrip to go, I decided to head back and finish it another day.

A swim and relax at Terrigal Haven.

It was a welcome swim after the hot ride/hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...