Monday, October 25, 2021

CENTRAL COAST - 18 TO 24 OCTOBER 2021

 

OTHER – Painting Jacinta’s study

 

18 OCTOBER

A mountain bike ride on the Rocky Point tracks at Bouddi National Park.






The weather was perfect. The tracks were rutted a little deeper due to recent rain. It makes the ride a little less predictable. The view at the lookout was excellent. I followed the track back in the reverse direction. Much easier the other way J. There were some flannel flowers starting to bloom.

 

19 OCTOBER

A surf at Wamberal Beach with Ken.

We paddled out to ride an okay looking left but a right started to form up off the channel. The right got better and better. A few others paddled out and the waves lost their form. It was good fun while it lasted with heaps of waves.

 

20 OCTOBER

A walk around the Haven with Jacinta.

The crowd wasn’t too bad and I needed to get away from the inside painting. A couple of rounds of the paths and I felt better.

 

21 OCTOBER

A wander around North Avoca Point.






I bought a new camera yesterday. I tried it out on the point. The weather was perfect again but the surf wasn’t so good. It was nice walking around the rocks.

A trip to Sydney to visit Mark.

Back from the walk, we set off to visit Jacinta's brother in his age care facility. I haven’t been able to see him for about two years due to co-vid restrictions and his health. We went to a coffee shop and it was so good to see and chat with him again.

 

22 OCTOBER

A swamp wallaby at home.



In the backyard, slowly hopping around eating shoots of grass. NICE J

 

23 OCTOBER

A snorkel at Terrigal Haven.




It looked promising but the visibility was poor again. Still, it was fun with a huge school of whiting surrounding me and three large blue/green gropers.

Finished painting Jacinta’s study.

 

24 OCTOBER

A windsurf at Canton Beach, Tuggerah Lake.






The wind was looking good but it was changing direction as I was rigging up and so wasn’t too strong. The other guys were getting some good runs but I puttered along. I still haven’t got the new sail rigged right. I either couldn’t pick the wind up or hold it for long in the sail. I did enjoy videoing the other windsurfers. J

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...