Friday, February 5, 2021

CENTRAL COAST - 30 JANUARY TO 4 FEBRUARY 2021

 30 January

A light rain. I had ordered a new SUP paddle online and it was time to try it out.  I took the SUP out at Terrigal Lagoon. I paddled up to the golf course end and circled the small island. I returned with a detour under the bridge at Willoughby Road. At the end of the ride my legs were a bit numb. Next time, a bit of stretching before finishing. The new paddle was heaps better than the old one.



31 January

A morning surf at Wamberal Beach. I paddled out with Steve. The surf was okay, the waves a little infrequent and there was a strong wind. I was lucky and had about four good waves and a number of okay waves.

The wind increased through the morning. Time for a windsurf. The wind was a strong southerly. I started with the 5m sail but switched to the 6.3 m sail as the wind decreased. The new sail was a pick tricky to rig and I had to make a number of adjustments in the water. It was nice to catch up with windsurfing friends – Lisa, Lance, Craig, Peter, Michael. Need a better mast for the sail.

2 February

A trip to Sydney this morning with Kara.

First stop was to drop off Kara’s baby dusky lori at the pet cargo at Sydney domestic airport. She had a buyer for the bird from Cairns in North Queensland.

We had some time to kill so we drove over to La Perouse, had breakfast at The Boathouse and wandered around the shoreline of Bare Island.





Next stop was WSS boards at Manly as I needed some windsurfing items. I brought some downhaul rope, a new mast for the new sail and a new harness. I also had the universal joint replaced on my mast base. Keen to try out the new harness and the new mast in the new sail.

3 February

A morning surf check but there wasn’t much quality.


Back at home, we were visited by a pair of rainbow lorikeets roosting on the deck chair waiting for breakfast.


Too much excitement, so we took off for a hike at Girrakool. The recent rain gave the bush a fresh look. We walked the loop in an anticlockwise direction for a change. The first waterfall was flowing with a reasonable amount of water. It looked very pretty and we spent a bit of time there enjoying the falls.

There were a lot of flowers in bloom as well.






4 February

A morning surf check at North Avoca Beach and Wamberal Beach but once again not much quality.



We spent the day pottering around the house getting lots of small jobs finished or sort of finished.

Later, I had a swim at Terrigal Haven. The water was nice but the visibility under the water was very poor.




No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...