Thursday, December 17, 2020

HAWKS NEST - 13 TO 15 DECEMBER 2020

13 December

We arrived in Hawks Nest after an hour of driving. Along the way we checked out a few beaches but the surf was blown out with the strong onshore winds. It was bucketed down with rain a few times.

At Hawks Nest, we decided to stay at Jimmys Beach Camp.

We set up camp and walked the sandy track to the beach. We sat in the occasional sun and I had a few swims.


Back at camp we rested then we had a mountain bike ride along a few of the tracks at Hawks Nest. I was turning on the go pro mounted on my helmet when wham I hit a low sawn off branch on a tree. It hurt! After awhile the pain and bleeding subsided and we continued onwards.

Back at camp we decided to move sites as the elderly couple set to us had a television blaring.

14 December

A red sunrise after a terrible sleep – I had a sore shoulder and gut pains.

Later, we had a long walk to the south base of Yacaaba Head along Jimmys Beach. It was a pretty walk and there were a few guys surfing the headland. It was too far to walk to with a board but four-wheel drive looked much easier. We continued the hike along Bennett’s Beach to the surf club and nearby coffee.





A late afternoon sit on the beach. It was quiet and cloudy.

15 December

Time to head home. J

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...