Saturday, October 3, 2020

WALCHA - 28 TO 30 SEPTEMBER 2020

 

WALCHA

28 SEPTEMBER 2020

We left New England NP and stopped at Wollomombi for coffee at the general store.

Next stop was Wollomombi Falls. At the lookout, there was a awesome view of the gorge and all the falls. The gorge was very steep and rugged. There were a number of waterfalls at various points feeding into the river below.



Our next stop was Armidale for petrol then to Pines Mountain Bike Park. It was such an awesome run. I followed the black line for ages. The track varied in conditions greatly with heaps of obstacles.

Our next stop was Walcha.

We arrived at Walcha to visit Jacinta’s brother and wife – Gerry and Mary.

The late afternoon was spent chatting, eating and drinking.

29 SEPTEMBER 2020

An easy morning.

After breakfast, Gerry took me for a tour of the town and area. It was heaps of fun – the river through town and the paths, sportsgrounds, free camping area, the town buildings, various views and Aspley Falls.





Later, I got a rego check for my van. A nail was found in the tyre so I went to a tyre place and it was soon fixed.

30 SEPTEMBER 2020

Gerry, Graham (friend of Gerry) and I had an awesome ride at the mountain bike tracks at Walcha. Graham had built the tracks in the beginning. There were a lot of sticks on the tracks in parts. The best sections were a series of downhill black runs with a lot of obstacles to keep you on your toes.






After the ride, we had breakfast, packed and said our goodbyes to Mary and Gerry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...