Thursday, October 1, 2020

MOONEE BEACH - 22 TO 23 SEPTEMBER 2020

 

MOONEE BEACH

22 SEPTEMBER 2020







We stopped for food supplies then drove to Moonee Beach.

What a pretty setting. The camping area was above the water of the Moonee Creek. It looked so inviting!

I got the kayak down and set off up creek with the incoming tide. It was an adventurous kayak through the mangroves then along the crystal clear waters of the creek. I paddled for ages and chatted to a few fishermen along the way. It started to rain lightly on the way back.

Back at camp we had a late lunch then rode our bikes along the banks of the creek until we reached a footbridge. We crossed the bridge and followed the track until it became too sandy.

A great day!

23 SEPTEMBER 2020













I woke to a sunny morning.

The tide was low so the Moonee Creek was virtually dry. I walked across the sand and shallow water where I had kayaked yesterday. I walked to the ocean beach side. There were a few random okay waves breaking.

Back at camp we had breakfast, packed and journeyed onwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...