Thursday, October 1, 2020

EMERALD BEACH - 19 TO 22 SEPTEMBER 2020

 EMERALD BEACH
















19 SEPTEMBER 2020

We left Lawrence and stopped at Grafton for food supplies.

I was still not feeling good so it was a bit of a painful drive.

We settled into the Emerald beach camp. I checked the surf but it was still wind-blown.

20 SEPTEMBER 2020

I had an early beach check but the waves were still blown out.

I was feeling slightly better today.

After breakfast, we had a hike along the beaches south of Emerald Beach. It was an easy track and the coastline was made up of headlands and beaches. On one headland there were heaps of kangaroos resting. At Moonie Beach there were a number of surfers out. The waves looked sort of okay with a crunchy ending.

In the afternoon, we had a hike north along Emerald Beach and its northern headland. It was a nice cool walk in the late afternoon sun. The headland had great views to the north and south.

21 SEPTEMBER 2020

A warm morning.

I still was feeling unwell.

We sat down the beach for awhile and I had a couple of swims.

The rest of the day was resting.

22 SEPTEMBER 2020

We woke, breakfasted and set off on the next leg of the trip

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...