Tuesday, January 21, 2020

A FUN MORNING - 22 JANUARY 2020


Awake well before dawn.

Today was the day to try different activities to see how the wrist fares.

I checked the surf at North Avoca Beach. It was smallish and erratic so I passed on that one.

Back in the van and a short drive to Avoca Lagoon for a kayak.

The water level had risen a few centimeters after the big rainfalls a few days ago. The lagoon looked a little healthier. The paddle started in glassy water with a light swirling mist over the water. Very pretty.



A number of birds were foraging along the shoreline and they didn’t seem perturbed by my presence.






I paddled up the north channel and then back and around the island. The morning sun shimmered as it reflected off the water.



Back home and Jacinta was awake. We decided to head to Umina Beach for a walk, cycle or surf.

The waves were rolling small on a high peaking tide. I decided on a surf and Jacinta had a walk along the promenade.

I was nervous about the wrist verses surf. I strapped the wrist well and eventually stood up on six waves. It didn’t hurt my wrist getting to my feet but it was a bit awkward and slow. It was heaps of fun and I felt more confident to surf more.

Out of the surf and I decided on a short bike ride. No problem. I even rode of the gutter a few times and it all felt good. MTB is back on the agenda as well.

After all this, Jacinta and I had coffee at the café at Ettalong.

Feeling good :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...