Thursday, August 22, 2019

BALIAN - BALI - SURF, FRIENDS AND TEMPLES - 31 JULY 2019


BALIAN



25 JULY

It was over a 2 hour drive from Lovina to Balian. Yesterday was a big ceremonial day all over the island and today they were still celebrating so everybody was trying to get somewhere.

The surf was still messy and blown out but it looked a little more settled than when we left.

Bec and Rob who we had met on a previous trip were here. A lovely couple who were very entertaining.

26 JULY

A fun morning surf with good waves. There was a bit of water movement but good.

In for breakfast and back out for another fun surf. Waves were better!

A day of chatting and then Tekor’s  for dinner.

27 JULY

Some good waves in the morning but difficult to get onto as they would just keep holding up and not break. Still, I had heaps of fun. I met a very enthusiaic girl in the water – Alanna from Hawaii who lives in the jungle





Rob and Bec left for a few days at Medewi.

A sunset surf with fun waves, a few other surfers and  a few nice waves. 

Dinner was at Tekor. Later in the meal we were joined by Wayne, John and Janis.

28 JULY

I started the day with a fun morning surf. The waves were a bit infrequent at first and then I found my mojo and had a great time.



In for breakfast and out again for another surf. It looked good but relatity was a different thing – the waves were short walled and bumpy. Still, I enjoyed myself.

The afternoon was spent chatting, resting, reading and relaxing.

29 JULY
The surf was a lot smaller and there were many surfers in the water. It didn’t look like it would be fun to me.


I hired a motorbike and Wayne and I drove up to Pura Luxur Batukaru (temple) in the mountains. The ride up was easy with some wild traffic on the main road. The temple was pretty and serene. We walked around the complex of temples watching the ceremonies, chatting with the worshippers and admiring the beautiful pool filled with koi carp.






The journey back was broken up with lunch at a nice traditional restaurant in a small village. The ride along the main road was wilder with lots of trucks.

That night we had cocktails at Gubug and dinner at Tekor with Wayne, Janis and John. A nice night!

30 JULY

After breakfast, I paddled out for a surf. It looked okay and a bit crowded. Funny how things turn out. I had a fun surf and lots of good waves. Chatted with Tim in the water who I met earlier this year at Balian.

31 JULY

Last day. I had an early surf, breakfast, we packed, said our goodbyes and we were on our way to Legian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...