Friday, April 12, 2019

CENTRAL COAST - HIKES, SNORKELS, MTB AND SURF - 1 TO 12 APRIL 2019

4 APRIL



A mountain bike ride at Bouddi National Park on the Turkey NW Ridge and Strom tracks. It was heaps of fun, especially, as it was the longest ride that I'd had for awhile.



5 APRIL

Off and on heavy rain during the day but it cleared somewhat in the afternoon.





Jacinta and I had a hike at Rumbalara Reserve on the Iron Bark and Flannel Flower tracks. Great tracks with views over Brisbane Water. There were a lot of white bumpy looking mushrooms in bloom.



6 APRIL

A coffee and morning walk around  Haven with Jacinta. The waves slowly undulating on a smooth ocean looked great.







Later, I drove over to Warrah Trig Road near Patonga for a mountain bike ride in Brisbane Water National Park. I had a fun time. It started with riding over the tessellated sandstone and admiring the views over the hinterland and the ocean. Then it was a series of short windy tracks with lots of spider webs (orb weavers and golden orb weavers) blocking the path to the over side of the gully. Back on the main tracks and I turned down the PMG track. This was very rough and steep with heaps of loose stones with lots of deep ruts caused by water erosion and of course lots of spider webs. It was hard looking ahead as well as above. I ran into a lot of webs and had to stop to remove the webs and occasionally a spider from my head. Back up the track and then a series of wider tracks back to the car.





After the ride, I had a swim and rest at Pearl Beach. It was nice in the water then sitting on the beach admiring the views.


8 APRIL







A snorkel at Toowoon Bay. There were a lot of fish but visibility was poor in general due to wave movement. Still, it was a warm day and it was nice sitting on the beach in the sun.



10 APRIL

I finally had a decent night sleep. The new medication I took for the parasitic worms seemed to killing them. I woke feeling th most pumped for the last two months.






A mountain bike ride at Kincumba Mountain along a number of tracks. It felt great and smooth.

Kara and I had coffee at The Reef Cafe and enjoyed the morning view over the ocean.

11 APRIL




A surf check but not good on the low tide. Coffee and short hike at Terrigal Beach.

House chores …

12 APRIL





An early snorkel at Terrigal Haven. It was low tide and clear water once past the beach being closer to the rocks. there were heaps of small and large fish and a number of stingrays. The water was cool and the wind was light but cool. I lost a lot of body heat and it took awhile to warm up.





Later, a surf at North Avoca Beach. There was a nice off and on wave where the rip was flowing out strongly. A number of okay waves but soon the tide was too full for the wave height. Nice to be surfing again and the old merit surfboard went well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...