Thursday, April 4, 2019

CENTRAL COAST - MARCH 2019 - SNORKEL, HIKE, MTB, KAYAK

9 March to 31 March 2019

On my return from Indonesia, I had a number of health problems which limited the things I could do during March.

I picked up hookworm, probably somewhere in Morotai. I had it treated in Bali but it wasn't completely successful and so it came back.

In Australia, I was diagnosed with am allergic reaction and so the treatment didn't fix it and it got steadily worse.

A new doctor diagnosed it as hookworm and so I started a different treatment. The treatment was nearly successful but the larva had laid eggs so it came back and so I had treatment again. At the end of March the situation had not resolved itself but it seemed that it was getting better.

The month started with an average surf at North Avoca. That was my one and only surf for March.









I had a number of good snorkels at Terrigal Haven. Heaps of fish, stingrays and swirling seaweed in clear water.

 






A number of hikes were had at Girrakool and Crackneck Point. The Girrakool hike was pretty with an abundance of water, dragon lizards and birds. The waterfalls were flowing fully and steadily.






The hike at Crackneck to Forresters was along the cliffs of the coastline. There were great views over the ocean and across to Wamberal Lagoon.









Kayaking was the easiest activity for me to do so I had a number of kayaks at Avoca Lagoon. The lagoon was full to the brim with water so I was able to paddle bash over sections that were usually dry land.The water was reflective of the sky and thick vegetative shoreline. The birds were in abundance foraging in the underground or roosting on overhanging branches. All quite pretty!



Kincumba Mountain was good for mountain bike rides. I kept the rides short and cycled at an easy pace.

During the month, we celebrated Jacinta's birthday with dinner at Terrigal and cake later.

Of course, coffee stops were profuse as this was the easiest thing for me to do.

So what were the problems with the hookworm - tiredness, extreme itchiness, lack of sleep, worry about a prolonged problem, wrong treatment and right treatment.

Let's see how April pans out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...