Friday, August 17, 2018

INDONESIA - BALI - CANDIDASA, PADANGBAI, TIRTA GANGGA - ON THE EAST SIDE - 17 AUGUST 2018

12 AUGUST 2018



We drove from Balian to Candidasa (700 000R) and Kara went to Lovina (500 000R). I fell asleep most of the car ride.

We arrived at Anom Beach Hotel on Mendiri Beach. It costed 2 153 250R for five nights in a superior one bedroom apartment (+62 812 3828 287).

The reception wasn't very friendly on our arrival but things soon sorted themselves out and we settled into our nice room.

The hotel was nice with a pretty gardens with flowers, trees and water features. There was also a small white sand beach in front of the hotel.





We had a walk and a coffee.




Dinner was at the hotel across the road from our hotel. the food was good and fast and there was gambiling music playing.


13 AUGUST 2018

The air con was very cold last night so I woke a number of times.




We hired a motorbike after breakfast (70 000R per day). The guy handed me one of the helmets and it slipped and hit the ground and cracked in two. He reckoned it was new and I owed him a new helmet. Haha! no chance of that happening. I sent him off to get another helmet. He wasn't happy!


We drove the bike to Padanbai and Bias Tugal Beach. We parked and walked the path to the beach. Nearly at the beach, I slipped down the steep track and scrapped my arm and elbow. I so dislike cuts in the tropics!

The beach had a rough small surf breaking and a lot of people and well established warungs. We hired a couple of beach chairs and umbrella and settled in for the day.




We spent our time walking the beach, swimming, chatting and lazing around. The beach became very crowded by the afternoon. When e first came here there was only a couple of warungs and a few western tourists.





Back at Candidasa, I had a very pretty shallow water snorkel at sunset. later, we had a great dinner at Amarta Beach Cottages.



14 AUGUST 2018

A beautiful morning. I walked through the gardens and down onto the beach. There was no wind this morning so the water was very glassy. I did my morning exercises on the beach then had a swim in the clear waters. I spotted a stingray.




Jacinta was awake so we had breakfast and planned the day.


We drove the bike to Tirta Gangga in the mountains. The ride itself was an adventure - traffic, steep bends and traffic lights.



At Tirta Gangga, we visited the Water Palace. It was crowded but still pretty. It was fun stepping on the stones in the first pool and walking around the gardens.






We drove back to Candidasa and I had a snorkel. Once again the water as so clear.




We spent the last part of the afternoon. having a coffee overlooking the ocean and  later still, a few beers.


15 AUGUST 2018

I started the day with exercises/stretches on the beach then two drift swims in the ocean.




Breakfast at the hotel but we both were not feeling too well. We kept getting hot flushes and a bit of a temperature.





We hung around the hotel resting and later, I felt better than Jacinta, I had a massage at downtown Candidasa. It was a very relaxing massage in a nice spa.

Lunch as across the road at Amarta Cottages. We had a long talk with Ari, the main waitress and Tri and Nopi, who were training in hospitality. No pay for training but they do feed you.

We had the best dinner at the small restaurant along the road leading to the main road - very tasty.


16 AUGUST 2018

I was up early for exercise and stretches on the beach followed by a few drift swims.




After breakfast, I had a snorkel but the visibility wasn't too good due to an incoming tide and small waves. We sat in the deck chairs and drank tea.






I had a chat with the French couple next door, whose ancestry was Algerian. 

Koman, the main reception lady, had a selfie photo with me and a long chat on the difficulties of her job.




We had a great lunch at a huge ceiling restaurant. It was so cool under the roof but hot outside it.




Another massage downtown and a motorbike ride around the area. Some great views!

We booked a table at Amarta Cottages for the Balinese dancing and set menu feast. 

The meal was great and the traditional dancing fun. On the last dance they invited people to dance with one of the performers. I had a dance and enjoyed twinkling the toes.

!7 AUGUST 2018

Last day in Candidasa. I had early exercise and stretches on the beach followed by a swim. Breakfasted, packed, coffee next door and before long Nyoman arrived to drive us to Balian.











No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...