Monday, July 2, 2018

JUNE FUN - 29 JUNE 2018

The weather has been off and on rain, wind, sun and cold for the last month.

Doing fun things was a bit hard to coordinate with the above weather.

Anyway, I had fun on some days.:)



2 JUNE 2018

A strong and cold wind. Off for a windsurf at Canton Beach.

The wind wasn't so strong when I started though I did get a few short runs. After a while, the wind began to pick up. Time for long runs with the wind gusting heavily at times. The water was very cold water so I tried not to get wet. 

I  need to have the boom a little higher and the mast base firmly attached. A tightening of the harness straps is definitely needed.

Bill was there when I arrived but he was leaving. Wally turned up just as I was about to go into the water. Later, Craig and Steve arrived just as I was leaving. Paul made an appearance but choose elsewhere.





3 JUNE 2018

A surf at North Avoca Beach. 

It was pretty wild at the start with only a couple of okay waves. The tide peaked at high and the waves improved immensely but also the size quickly dropped. After an hour, it virtually stopped breaking on the sand bank I was on.


 4 JUNE 2018

A mountain bike ride at Kincumba Mountain. The tracks were damp so the soft sand on parts of the track were firmer. A good ride. 



Later, Jacinta, Kara, Mr A and I had a wander around Terrigal Beach.





7 JUNE 2018

A morning kayak at Avoca Lagoon. 

There was a lot of water in the lagoon. At the far west of the lagoon, the tress were immersed by the water. It was nice looking at the reflections, the play of the sun's light on the water and the silhouette of the trees in front of the sun.






Kara had an appointment in Sydney. While she was at the appointment, I had a bike ride along the Cooks River cycle path towards Homebush Bay. Not a bad ride.


12 JUNE 2018


Surf check with nice sunrise.



Down to Sydney for Kara's medical treatment. While she was there, I drove to La Perouse to Bare Island and the Komay Botany Bay NP. 

I hiked around part of the island's shoreline base, along the two beaches of Congwong and Little Congwong, Browns Rock and Henry Head. The latter had old gun emplacements and concrete bunkers and the coast view was very pretty.








In future fun,  I could do an ocean kayak starting from Frenchman's Beach and a hike to Banks Cape.


13 JUNE 2018

Down to Sydney again.
Drove to Olympic Park and had a cycle around the paths from the Bicentenary carpark. Nice ride. Such a pretty place in the heart of the city.





14 JUNE 2018

Down to Sydney.

While Kara was at her appointment, I had another cycle ride at the Olympic Park. This time, I started from Wilsons Park. A nice ride along the riverfront then along the paths and tracks of Haslams Creek.

An easy but fun ride.







15 JUNE 2018

At home today. A bit brisk, a flat surf and an increasing wind.

Kara, Mr A and I drove to Somersby Falls and sat in the sun on a large rock at the top of the falls. Nice.

After.  we drove to Oomphs in East Gosford. Good coffee and food.





20 JUNE 2018

A great kayak around Avoca Lagoon. The lagoon was the highest than I've ever seen. It was fun paddling around the tress immersed by the water.







22 June 2018

Lunch on the waterfront at Brisbane Water, East Gosford with Kara.





23 June 2018

A kayak at Mooney Mooney and Piles Creek.

The morning was sunny but cold. I misjudged the tides and so I could only paddle a short distance up Piles Creek. I had plenty of time so I drifted with the outgoing tide to Piles Creek. It was nice drifting and listening to the sounds of the bush.






Later, I had lunch at Terrigal Haven with Jacinta on the promenade.


25 JUNE 2018

A mountain bike ride at Bouddi National Park. I followed the tracks from Maitland Bay carpark in a loop manner. The tracks were only damp from the rains which tended to bind the sandy sections better. A fun ride with pretty scenery.





29 JUNE 2018

A hike around Terrigal Haven and the beach.




Later, I had a mountain bike ride at Brisbane Water National Park around The Quarry and Bulls Hill tracks.

A fun ride around the quarry. I tried riding over the harder sections and did better than I thought I'd do. :) The  Hill tracks were covered in lots of loose rock making for some fun riding.




No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...