Thursday, May 12, 2016

THE ENTRANCE HIKE - 12 MAY 2016

I checked a few beaches for surf.


At North Avoca I watched the sunrise and a large pod of dolphins playing in the waves.


I drove on to Pelican Beach where there were some random waves.


Finally, I made a decision to hike around The Entrance beach and foreshore.

A good decision as it was very pretty.

The sunlight sparkled over the channel and in puddles of rock pools.


The birds - pelicans, plovers, ducks, and gulls - were busy preening themselves.


The water flowed quickly along the channel carving into the sand as it formed swirling patterns and bubbled over the rocks.


The waves crashed over the rocks and battled with the channel outflow.


A nice start to the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...