Monday, March 4, 2013

AUSTRALIA - STOCKTON CREEK - KAYAK - 4 March 2013

I parked at Kelbrae Close Morisset. At the end of the cul de sac there is a path allowing easy access to the river.



The paddle started at Dora Creek but after a short distance, I paddled into Stockton Creek.

The water was very brown after the rains. Along the way, I passed under three bridges. There was also a number of birds but the lizards were the highlight as they sunned themselves on the branches and logs overhanging the creek.

As I got closer to the highway bridge, the water beame more turbulent. Eventually, I could go no further due to a strong current and logs blocking access. I tried porterage but the banks were very overgrown and slippery clay. I had a lot of fun paddling back with the curent producting a few more km/h to my paddling speed.

A nice kayak. Certainly, the extra water makes the waterways more vibrant.


8.14 km
1h 57 mins
av speed     4.2 km/h
max speed  7.9 km/h

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...