Saturday, July 9, 2011

CENTRAL COAST - Mangrove Creek - kayak - 9 July 201


Mangrove Creek is next to Popran NP. I checked it out the other day before a walk and it looked good with a good launch/parking spot near junction of Mangrove Creek and another creek.

I decided to kayak up Popran Creek into Wentworth Valley. I couldn't find a good launch/parking spot due to mangroves or step banks. I drove back to mty original site but there were a couple of guys there launchiung and going downriver son I decided to go upriver.

It was a hard paddle as the tide was against me both ways.

It was a pretty paddle with cattle drinking at the water's edge and a few birds sunning in the overhanging trees.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...