Wednesday, October 20, 2010

AUSTRALIA - QUEENSLAND - Tallebudgera Creek - Kayak - october 2010

The bridge across the creek is a good place to start a kayak due to easy parking and a creek beach.

I was surprised with this kayak not quite knowing what to expect. The beach start is fun with a strong current, followed by paddling under a heavily used bridge. Either side of the creek has white sand beaches with barnacled rocks in the murky shallow waters.

Once past the urban area, the sounds of traffic are lost to the sounds of the bird life. The creek becomes mangrove along its banks.

I stopped for awhile at a small sand island in the centre of the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...