Friday, September 23, 2022

CENTRAL COAST - 16 TO 20 SEPTEMBER 2022

 

16 SEPTEMBER

A surf at Wamberal north of the Big House. A fast right with a small crowd of good surfers. Still, had fun and had a few good waves and two coverups.

17 SEPTEMBER

A surf at Wamberal on some good rights. It started off with me and Bryceson with some steep takeoffs. A few surfers paddle out but due the strong rip they were often pulled out of position.



18 SEPTEMBER

A mountain ride and hike to Mount Wondabyne in Brisbane Water National Park.

I parked at the start of the tunnel trail and rode the trail until the turn off for Mullet Creek. I followed this trail until I turned left on the track to the bas of Mount Wondabyne. This part was too difficult to ride so it was a hike most of the way. It was quite steep and rocky in parts, and it was a bit hard getting the bike over the obstacles. The wildflowers were in abundance, so I had a lot of distractions.

The track leveled out and I was able to ride a short distance to and along the track that led to the top of Mount Wondabyne. I hid my bike in the undergrowth and scrambled up the steep track to the top. There were great views along the way over the hinterland. At the top, I rested next to the trig marker and enjoyed the vista of a sea of green over the hills. Towards the coast the views took in parts of Brisbane Water.

The return scramble down was quick, and the ride was mainly downhill. I stopped for a ride around parts of the old quarry and the small lakes.









19 SEPTEMBER

A surf at Wamberal Beach. The waves were small but well formed. There were about 6 surfers out on the right, but this dwindled down after a short time to just me. I had 45 minutes of fun surf before a friend paddled out. I stayed a ½ hour longer before I ended the session.

20 SEPTEMBER

A hike in Bouddi National Park on the Bullimah Spur track.





The track was mainly dry though eroded in sections. The views on this walk are amazing – looking over Maitland Bay and south over Pittwater.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...