Sunday, January 31, 2021

CENTRAL COAST - 1 TO 7 JANUARY 2021

The start of a new year. 2020 was a very different year for everyone. 

1 January

A hike to Mount Ettalong. It was only a short hike with excellent coastal views north across the peninsula and Box Head There were further lookouts to the south with views of Pearl Beach to Sydney.





3 January

I tried out the mal board given to me by Ken. It was heaps of fun with a little bit of getting use to it. I had some small fun waves to myself further down the beach at Wamberal.

4 January

A fun morning surf at Wamberal Beach. The best waves for awhile but very crowded.

I had an afternoon kayak at Mooney Mooney Creek. It was a leisurely paddle and I spend some time enjoying the solitude of the headwaters. A relaxing paddle back until I heard thunder. It seemed far away! More thunder and closer! I started to paddle at mega speed. Just near the highway overhead bridge the thunder pounded continuously and angrily. The heavens erupted and the rain poured down. I reached the van and quickly packed the gear. A short while later the winds went ballistic and the rain became even harder. The roads were partially flooded on the return journey and near home the power had blacked out. A fun and exciting afternoon.







5 January

A surf check at wamby with a pretty sunrise.



A little while later, a morning surf at North Avoca beach. The waves were good with lefts and rights.

A coffee at Terrigal Haven with Jacinta in the later morning sun.

6 January

A kayak at Avoca Lagoon. The skies were a moody contrast of light and clouds.




No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...