Tuesday, June 2, 2015

CENTRAL COAST MTB/HIKE - BWNP - KARIONG TRACKS - 1 JUNE 2015



Bike riding at Kariong.


 Checking the maps at Kariong, I was surprised by the number of tracks leading all over the place.


I parked at Bambara Road and Woy Woy Road.


My original aim was to visit the Gosford Glyphs but I got side tracked.

 
I cycled up the main road to the turn off for Lyre Trig. The sun was rising and the colours of the bush were vibrant. The trig had a great view across to Umina and Box Head.


From here I took an obscure track that I cycled and walked. The terrain was were rough. Still there were great close ups of sandstone 'çaves' and cliffs.


I followed a number of tracks that lead to great views and were fun to cycle along.

 
I came across a few maybe real Aboriginal carvings in one isolated spot.

 
distance - 5.96 km
elevation range - 116m

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...