Tuesday, September 14, 2021

CENTRAL COAST - 5 TO 10 SEPTEMBER 2021

 

5 SEPTEMBER

A fun surf at Wamberal Beach. A nice right sucking up on a shallow sand bank with a very strong current pulling to the south. Not crowded but a little competitive … Sunday J

Father’s Day – Chloe bought me a platter of cakes and three music CDs… some songs are so good. J

6 SEPTEMBER

A mountain bike ride at Brisbane Water National Park on the Bulls Hill Trail.








I rode in the both directions of the trail, looping it twice. The direction I usually ride had more downhill sections. At the peak of the hill, I wandered around the bush off track. There were a lot of wildflowers in bloom and the view, as I scrambled over the rocks uphill kept becoming more panaromic. I stopped for a while and enjoyed the view of Box Head.

8 SEPTEMBER

A hike on the Rocky Point tracks in Bouddi National Park.






We looped along the tracks and trails with a stopover at Alan Strom Lookout. 

Yellow wildflowers were the dominate bloom at the moment.

Along the way, Jacinta spotted a Blue Tongue Lizard on the track. We shooed it a short distance as it as the track is used by mountain bikes. The lizard was well camoflaged so we were worried the bikers wouldn't see it. Anyway, it flashed its blue tongue at me in annoyance.

9 SEPTEMBER

A fun surf at Umina Beach.

There were good rights on one bank. Only a few out but it soon became crowded. Still, there were heaps of waves to catch with a long walls.

10 SEPTEMBER

A fun surf north of the big house at Wamby. It didn’t look great but it was much better once out. Tghere was a strong current running north on a good left bank. Only me and another guy were surfing it. Heaps of waves, some were very quick and sharp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...