Thursday, April 8, 2021

NAROOMA AND SURROUNDS - 6 TO 8 APRIL 2021

 

NAROOMA

6 April

The weather was predicted to rain so we decided to head back to Narooma to stay for the next couple of nights.

On the way, we stopped at Corunna Lake where I had an adventurous kayak and Jacinta had a hike around the lake shore. I was excited to sight an Azure Kingfisher.








We decided to check the surf before settling into our camp. I had a fun surf in good waves at Kianga Beach. The sets were about shoulder height.






We drove to our camping area and settled down to a relaxing late afternoon rest.

7 April

An easy morning, with threatening cloud but on blue skies eventuated.

We drove to Bar Beach. I had a fun surf on lefts and rights that were heaps of fun at about shoulder height on the sets. Jacinta relaxed on the beach.








Next was Narooma Beach where we had lunch. Another pretty beach!

We checked a lookout over Narooma where the view was obscured by trees. A short drive from there and we arrived at the Box Cutters Rainforest track. It was an easy short hike with a steep descent and finish. The rainforest was dark and there were no sounds.





8 April

We left our camp site and headed slowly north.

We stopped at Kianga Beach, where I had a shoulder height good surf while Jacinta enjoyed the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...