Wednesday, April 14, 2021

CONGO - 11 TO 14 APRIL 2021

11 April

We left Blackfellows Beach and headed for Moruya for food supplies and water for the van tank.

Next stop was Congo campgrounds.

We set up in an excellent site with ocean and river views in the sun with some shade … perfect.




We wandered around the headland to the beach south of the campground. It was very windy and there were two guys out surfing.






12 April

I woke and drew the blind on back window to a glorious view of the Congo Creek, the surf and the sun rising.

The tide was high so I launched the kayak and paddled up river. What a great kayak – clear water, changing vegetation, guiding under fallen trees, scooting around tree branches, a few birds, stillness, a rising sun.! One of the best kayaks I’ve done.






Back at camp, we had breakfast and I then had a swim against the outgoing tide. When I got tired, I drifted back with the flow. There were lots of small schools of fish feeding.

A restful afternoon and late afternoon we walked across the shallow river and walked along the long beach. There were a number of beach birds. Over the sand dunes, there were a few free campers. I had a look. There was a lot of abandoned gear lying about – a wreck car and rubbish and even kayaks and canoes.






13 April

The wind was very strong throughout the day.

I had a snorkel in the creek – swimming up creek and drifting back with the water flow. The water was clear and there were a lot of small fish.



Jacinta and I had a bike ride through Congo and along a track that lead north through Eurobodalla National Park. A great ride with some awesome coastal views.





Late in the afternoon, there were some large kangaroos in the camp feeding on the grass.




14 April

I woke to an awesome sunrise, which I watched through the van window.

After breakfast, we packed and chatted with some fellow campers and headed further north.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...