Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Italy - Canazei - july 2006

Canazei is a small town in the north east of Italy. The mountains are rugged and sheer. An easy walk Italian style is a hard one in Australia. There is only one way to go and that is up.

The village is pretty and a river runs the length of the valley. We camped here for a few days. My daughter and I had one big walk that lasted most of thee day. It was very steep but the meadows at the top were very peaceful with small farms of cows and horses. We climbed further over a large 'hill'(starting to rain) and scrabbled down to the ski resort (pouring) and caught a chairlift to the bottom (cold and very wet). It was sunny and warm at the bottom.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...